Media: Netflix, Prime, Tubi, MultiPoint TV
100+ Movies reviewed below
Updates every week
Short Trigger Reviews
Green: Watch it, if you can
Black: Sort of Ok
Red: Avoid it.
* Jaane Jaan (Netflix) 2023. Hindi. A bit artificial story. Ok to watch.
* Bordertown Mural Murders (Netflix) 2021. Finnish. A bit confusing movie about intuition.
* Natasha (Tubi) 2015. It's about a devious Russian girl. Sort of like how Russia started the Ukraine war - a bit illogical.
* Gone (Prime) 2012. Scary, but a good one on a serial killer.
* Cry Macho (Netflix) 2021. Nice, soft Clint Eastwood movie. Lovely to watch an old, decent person.
* The Deer Hunter (Netflix) 1978. Fairly boring long film, despite the five Oscars.
* The Last House on the Left (Tubi) 2009. Impressive, but a bit horrible movie about a kidnapping.
* Solace (Netflix) 2015. Excellent movie about hard to accept beliefs. Anthony Hopkins is superb.
* Teskilat, Season 1 (MultiPoint TV) 2021. Turkish Series. Enjoyable action with Turkish Intelligence show. Good looking actors too!
* Trial by Fire (Prime) 2019. Based on a true story. Very sensitively done!
* The Big Short (Netflix) 2015. A bit like a documentary but good to watch. Based on a true story about the fiasco in 2008.
* The Irishman (Netflix) 2019. Based on a true story. A bit gang land type and a bit dragging.
* Your Son (Netflix) 2018. Spanish. Unconventional ending, but good movie.
* Under Her Control (Netflix) 2022. Spanish. Very well done suspense film.
* Emily the Criminal (Netflix) 2022. Quite a focused good movie!
* Scarborough (Tubi) 2019. British. A bit off-landish, but has that peculiar British humor.
* A Simple Favor (Prime) 2018. Supposed to be a mystery. Quite a poor story with over acting.
*Till (Prime) 2022. A pretty convincing true story. A bit slow moving.
*The Murderer (Netflix) 2023. Thai. Delightful Thai story with a lot of Thai satire and twists in the tale.
* The White Line (Tubi) 2021. A bit slow and unrealistic about an inter-racial couple.
* Rumi (MultiPoint TV) 2023. Turkish. Fascinating presentation. Very well done so far.
* Kurulus Osman (MultiPoint TV) 2023. Turkish. Completed Season 4. Horrible series and a huge downturn from Ertugrul. All actors are not good to watch (except Malhun). Not sure why they spend so much to film such a terrible series!!!
* A Beautiful Life (Netflix) 2023. Modernized version of a twisted story, but good to watch.
* Money Trap (Netflix) 2019. Turkish. Supposedly comic. A bit boring.
* Child 44 (Prime) 2015. Serious about a serial killer, but a bit of a propaganda film.
* Infidelity (Tubi) 2021. Russian. Fairly ok. A bit confusing in a Russian way.
* The Ghost Writer (prime) 2010. Started out well, but was a bit boring.
* Gold Brick (Netflix) 2023. French. Wonderful movie with French smartness.
* Murder on the Cape (Prime) 2012. Based on a true story. Very well done!
* Noise (Netflix) 2022. Spanish. Depressingly boring.
* The Long Walk Home (Tubi) 1990. Love this human rights story. Good one.
* A Fortunate Man (Netflix) 2018. Dutch. Fabulous film about pride and repentance. Story by a Nobel Laureate.
* Dog Day Afternoon (Prime) 1975. Based on a true story. Al Pacino is great. Lovely movie.
* Madame Claude (Netflix) 2021. French. Boring. Based on a true story though.
* Mixed by Erry (Netflix) 2023. Italian. Based on a true story. Really down to earth portrayal of characters.
* You do You (Netflix) 2023. Turkish. Terribly boring.
*Marnie (Netflix) 1964. A bit weird, but truly a Hitchcock! Sean Connery and the dialog are great.
* The Taste of Money (Tubi) 2012. Korean. Fairly deep movie and well acted.
* Mrs Chatterjee Vs Norway (Netflix) 2023 Hindi. Based on a true story. Started out a bit boring, but picked up very well towards the end. Good contrast between legacy and modernity.
* A Man called Otto (Netflix) 2022. Sad, silly movie despite having Tom Hanks.
* Curiosa (Tubi) 2019. French. A bit confusing, but also interesting. Much like the people living in France.
* Above Suspicion (Netflix) 2019. Based on a true story. Very touching film.
* Stromboli (Netflix) 2022. Horrible, wasteful movie.
* Chokehold (Netflix) 2023. Turkish. A bit crazy crime drama. Not very good.
* Play Misty for Me (Netflix) 1971. Apparently based on a true story. Old world charm and not much else different other than Clint Eastwood.
* Top Gun Maverick (Prime) 2022. Lots of high tech action, but weak sentimentality.
* Lost Girls (Netflix) 2020. Based on a true story. Sad movie about a cover up.
* Pathan (Prime) 2023. Hindi. A silly movie, but entertaining in parts.
* 10 days of a Good Man (Netflix) 2023. Turkish. A typical sly thriller! Culture is fun to watch.
* Gifted (Tubi) 2017. A very touching movie about a gifted girl. Chris Evans is good!
* In for a Murder (Netflix) 2021. Polish Loved the acting of the heroine. Simple, yet very effective.
* Queen of Hearts (Tubi) 2019. Danish. Very sensitively done movie about a taboo subject. Enjoyed this one.
* Midwives (Prime) 2001. Phenomenal movie about the fine line of law.
* Dear Mother (Netflix) 2021. French. A bit of humor.
* Girl, Interrupted (Netflix) 1999. A story about border-line crazy girls. Fine line between civility and insanity. Angelina Jolie is ok in this one.
* Walking Tall (Prime) 1973. Based on a true story. Nice and old culture. Good to see!
* The Alleys (Netflix) 2021. Jordanian. Fairly intense Bollywood type movie.
* Broken City (Tubi) 2013. Tough guy movies are ok to watch! Russel Crowe and Mark Walberg.
* Road House (Prime) 1989. Old fashioned, intense rivalry. A bit engaging.
* Still Alive (Netflix) 2014. Touching movie about an early onset of Alzheimer. Julianne Moore got an Oscar for her acting.
* By the Gun (Prime) 2014. A bit heartless and violent. Not much sentiment.
* Fifty Shades of Grey (Tubi) 2015. Typical boring female obsession shown here.
* My Wonderful Life (Netflix) 2022. Polish. A fairly weak love triangle story.
* Most Wanted (Prime) 2020. Based on a true story. Very exciting to watch a junkie in trouble.
* The Sweeny (Prime) 2013. A bit like a Bond movie. Only more violence.
* River's Edge (Prime) 1987. A bit funky teenage drug type movie. Good relationships.
* The Swimmers (Netflix) 2022. Based on a true story. Suprised to see modern Syrian girls. A slow movie with depressing, pathetic refugees.
* Serpico (Prime) 1973. Based on a true story of a struggle that a NY cop had. Al Pacino is excellent.
* Knight and Day (Prime) 2010. Exciting dialog. Tom Cruise and Cameron Diaz are good in this.
* The Devil Inside (Tubi) 2019. French. Very well done movie. Suspenseful, yet realistic.
* Jesse Stone: Stone Cold (Prime) 2005. Excellent murder story. Good dialog. Tom Selleck is wonderful!
* Grudge (Netflix) 2021. Turkish. A fairly twisted murder plot shot in Istanbul. Ok to watch.
* Lie with me (Tubi) 2006. Senselessly erotic and a waste of time.
* Photocopier (Netflix) 2022. Indonesian. A bit over dramatic.
* Traces of Red (Prime) 1992. Exciting fast paced murder mystery with John Belushi.
* Vengence (Prime) 2022. Lots of clever nonsense. Unexpected ending too.
* Pieces of a Women (Netflix) 2020. Sensitive, but doesn't feel realistic. Ok to watch.
* Bone Tomahawk (Tubi) 2016. A very grisly western. Good dialog though.
* The Takeover (Netflix) 2022. Dutch. A fairly exciting movie about hackers.
* The Pale Blue Eye (Netflix) 2022. Amazingly complex but beautifully done movie! Old world charm and mannerisms. Lovely!
* The Sign Painter (Tubi) 2021. Lithuanian. Well made film about how a sign painter copes up with changing loyalties during World War-2.
* Dressed to Kill (Prime) 1980. A pretty scary psychiatry film. Michael Caine looks good.
* Loving Adults (Netflix) 2022. Danish. Very well done crime drama on infidelity.
* Tall Tales (Tubi) 2019. Hungarian. A wierd tale about a cheater.
* Assault on Wall Street (Prime) 2013. A bit violent in the second half. Made with a lot of passion about money.
* The Gambler (Prime)1974. Nice Hames Caan movie. Good acting.
* For Jojo (Netflix) 2022. A good for nothing film about a pschyco.
* Barnet Thomas (Prime) 2015. Typical Scottish humor. Good to watch.
* The Clovehtch Killer (Tubi) 2018. An excellent film about a serial killer.
* I Came By (Netflix) 2022. Excellent well-directed film about a weirdo.
* Dirty Rotten Scoundrels (Prime) 1988. Quite hilarious despite being thirty years older than now.
* Hillbilly Elegy (Netflix) 2020. Rough upbringing but good character. Well made movie about a rough family in the mid-west.
* The Night of the Hunter (Prime) 1955. A fairy tale with old world charm. Nice to be reminded of ideas that are frowned upon today!
* The Stranger (Netflix) 2022. Australian Film. Boring sting operation. Based on a true story.
* Glass Onion (Netflix) 2022. Very stupid movie. Such a wasted effort.
* The Guilty (Netflix) 2021. It's about too much worked police. Good acting, but a bit boring.
* The Delinquent Season (Tubi) 2018. Sensitive and introspective. Looking at modern day marriages and hook ups.
* What's Love Got to do with it (Prime) 1993. Sensitively portrayed about Tina Turner. Very enjoyable.
* Prisoners (Netflix) 2013. Pretty scary movie with good acting. It's about two girls disappearing.
* The Surprise Visit (Tubi) 2022. Based on a true story. A bit sad but engagingly done.
* Luckiest Girl Alive (Netflix) 2022. Quite a pretentious story. Couldn't move me.
* 2 Days in the Valley (Prime) 1996. Exciting comedy, but with a few loose ends.
* Cici (Netflix) 2022. Turkish. Started slow, but very touching and deep movie.
* Sliver (Prime) 1993. Quite a boring murder mystery story.
* Goodbye (Netflix) 2022. Hindi. Pretty touching, but a bit longish.
* Out of the Furnace (Prime) 2013. Well acted movie. A bit expected story, but quite realistic.
* Farha (Netflix) Arabic. Very sad story based on a true event. How smart people hurt poor people.
* Domestic Disturbance (Prime) 2001. Nice movie about a split family.
* Flawless (Prime) 2008. Stealing diamonds is a great art, as shown here.
* Threesomething (Tubi) 2018. A quite boring movie about excesses in relationships.
* The Wonder (Netflix) 2022. Weird. No story here.
* The Outfit (Prime) 2022. Excellent suspense movie about a tailor.
* The Catholic School (Netflix) 2022. Based on a true story. Shows brutal treatment in Italy.
* The Good Nurse (Netflix) 2022. Fabulous movie about a killer nurse. Based on a true story.
* Someone behind the Door (Prime) 1971. A bit dated. Charles Bronson is misused.
* Under Suspicion (Prime) 1992. A really good old-fashioned movie on crime and deception.
* Laal Singh Chadda (Netflix) 2022. Hindi. Terrible copy of Forest Gump. The hero looks like an idiot.
* I am All Girls (Netflix) 2021. Based on a true story. Very grim human trafficking story.
* Mahler on the Couch (Prime) 2010. Based on a true story about a famous composer. A bit boring and bland.
* Life Guard (Prime) 1976. Shows an aging life guard in a good way. Old, but done very well.
* Rockaway (Prime) 2017. Also based on a true story about growing up in a wrong way.
* The Russian Bride (Tubi) 2018. A bit scary, but well-filmed movie about a kidnapping.
* The Hunter (Prime) 1980. Probably the last Steve McQueen's movie. Great acting.
* Dr. No (Prime) 1963. Wonderful to go back in memory lane when some movies were classics. This one is.
* Fading Gigolo (Prime) 2014. Funny Woody Allen's dialogs about Jewish Orthodoxy. Enjoyable to watch.
* The Chef's wife (Prime) 2016. A fairly decent movie about 'friendship', while trying to steal a husband.
* Until September (Prime) 1984. A very touching old-fashioned love story.
* After the Fox (Prime) A fairly hilarious Peter Sellers movie.
* On my Skin (Netflix) 2018. Italian. Based on a true story. Sad outcome of police brutality.
* 2 + 2 (Tubi) 2012. Italian. Intelligent handling of swingers.
* The Marksman (Prime) 2021. A movie only Liam Neelson can do. Exciting. Not dull.
* Nana (Prime) 1983. A pretty mischievous movie from the 80's.
* Revolutionary Road (Prime) 2009. Quite a thoughtful film. Kate Winslet and Leonardo DiCaprio.
* Godspeed (Netflix) 2022. Turkish. Quite an interesting movie with Engin Akyurek (Black Money Love fame). Lots of flashbacks.
* Gangubai (Netflix) 2022. Hindi. A downright terrible movie.
* Vicky Cristina Barcelona (Tubi) 2008. A good Woody Allen movie. Great dialog.
* The Greatest (Prime) 2009. Excellent emotional movie about relationships.
* Puzzle (Prime) 1974. A bit old fashioned but a nice one to go back to.
* Edge of Fear (Netflix) 2018. Exciting suspense. Good movie to watch.
* A Fall from Grace (Netflix) 2020. A bit over stretched, but a fair movie to watch.
* The Note (Prime) 2007. Exciting movie, but too many coincidences in it.
* Dirty Dancing (Tubi) 1987. Lots of dancing but a sensitive streak that was touching.
* Gifted Hands (Netflix) 2009. Based on a true story. Brain surgery masterpiece.
* Kept Women (Prime) 2015. Excellent suspense movie. Enjoyed this!
* Water and Fire (U-Tube) 2013. Turkish. Trite story about Eastern Turkey gangs, but well acted and presented.
* The two faces of January (Prime) 2014. Exciting movie. Although not very realistic.
* In Good Hands (Netflix) 2022. Turkish. Pretty boring. Saw it for Asli Enver, but she's not good.
* The Empty Hours (Netflix) 2013. Spanish. Slow moving, but good observation about how humans behave.
* Autumn Girl (Netflix) 2021. Polish. A theme-less film. Sort of like Polish.
* Kidnapping Stella (Netflix) 2019. German. Good suspense film.
* Caught (Prime) 2015. Based on a true story. Fabulous movie.
* Restless (Netflix) 2022. French. Very tense and exciting. The hero had a lot of flaws.
* 21 Bridges (Netflix) 2019. With Chadwick Boseman, I thought this would be good. It wasn't. Lots of running around and shooting.
* A Spare Room (Tubi) 2018. Fairly good story, but not much depth in portrayal.
* In the Shadow of Iris (Netflix) 2016. French. An overly complicated film. Ok to watch.
* The Disappearance of Vonnie (Prime) 1994. Based on a true story. A complicated murder plot.
* Yara (Netflix) 2021. Fabulous movie based on a true story.
* Last Tango in Paris (Tubi) 1973. Surprisingly passionate, despite some crazy behavior. Marlon Brando is one of a kind.
* Eden (Prime) 2013. Italian. Based on a true story. Excellent film about a scary kidnapping.
* The Unforgiven (Prime) 1960. Sensitively showing a new culture. Ok to watch.
* Begin Again (Netflix) 2013. Despite a new way to show an old thing, it didn't quite work. Pretty boring.
* Outlaws (Netflix) 2021. Spanish. A bit sentimental but good to watch.
* Naples in Veils (Tubi) 2017. A strange but well made movie about ghosts.
* Sayonara (Prime) 1957. Beautiful love story. Marlon Brando is excellent!
* The Constant Gardner (Prime) 2005. Intelligent and sensitively shot movie. Enjoyed this!
* No Time to Die (Apple TV) 2021. Action packed with some sentimentality thrown in.
* The Slut (Tubi) 2011. SLow moving sort of realistic film. A bit boring.
* War Dogs - Made in 2016 (Network) Based on a true story. Pretty nice way to show how US tax payers get cheated in a war. Brad Cooper has a small role.
* Sweet Escape (Prime) 2015. French. Ok type French comedy.
* Love and other Drugs (Prime) 2010. Fairly sensitive love story. Enjoyed the smart talk.
* The Dramatics (Tubi) 2015. A real crappy movie.
* The Boss (Netflix) 2014. Spanish. Based on a true story. Well done, but too much butchery.
* Pal Joey (Prime) 1957. Frank Sinatra musical. Sort of ok. Not as good as Elvis.
* Atonement (Prime) 2007. Intense love story. Very well presented.
* Chehra (Prime) 2021. Hindi. Over-dramatic with little touch of reality.
* Sheherazade (Netflix) 2019. French. Boring movie about depraved immigrants in France.
* She's Lost Control (Tubi) 2014. A bit disjointed. A deep story though.
* Official Secrets (Netflix) 2019. Based on a true story. Misinformation leading to the war in Iraq.
* Indiscreet (Prime) 1958. Really good old movie with Cary Grant and Ingrid Bergman.
* What's Between Us (Tubi) 2004. Very well done in a sensitive way. Enjoyable!
* Paradise, Hawaiian Style (Prime) 1966. A typical Elvis musical.
* Get In (Netflix) 2019. French. Dramatic and brutal film based on a true story.
* The New Girlfriend (Tubi) 2015 French. Started out good, but became boring with gender confusion.
* Madame Claude (Netflix) 2021. French. About a tough brothel boss. Based on a true story.
* Thunderbolt and Lightfoot (Prime) 1974. A bit boring for a Clint movie.
* Nothing to Hide (Netflix) 2018. French. Very nice modern movie. Great dialog.
* Life in Tatters (Tubi) 2011. French. Great thriller movie, but a bit over-streched.
* In the Name of my Daughter (Tubi) 2014. French. Based on a true story. Phenomenal movie.
* Transference: A Love Story (Tubi) 2020. About a Norwegian nurse in London. A bit slow, but quite intense.
* In the Cut (Netflix) 2003. A bit scary, suspense movie. Sort of ok.
* Easy Come, Easy Go (prime) 1967. Another Elvis classic. Fun to watch a simple story.
* Ismael's Ghosts (Tubi) 2018. French. A bit confusing and longish, but has good dialog.
* Blue Hawaii (Prime) 1961. A true Elvis classic! Lovely to step back in time.
* MILF (Netflix) 2018. French. A bit obvious buy in a Frenchy way.
* The Missouri Breaks (Prime) 1976. A bit boring despite having Marlon Brando and Jack Nicholson.
* Toofan (Prime) Hindi. Very poorly made. A bit childish too.
* Awakenings (Prime) 1990. Based on a true story. A bit scary at first, but a great movie.
* Godard Mon Amor (Tubi) 2017. French. Excellent one with good dialog. Based on a true story.
* Cry Freedom (Prime) 1987. True story based film by Attenborough. Very well done!
* Vertigo (Prime) 1958. Flawless Hitchcock movie. Enjoyed this.
* Lap Dance (Tubi) 2016. Based on a true story, but a bit boring.
* Red Joan (Netflix) 2019. True story again. Done on behalf of the spy.
* Term Life (Netflix) 2016. A father-daughter bond in a gangster rap. Quite ok to watch.
* The Lady Vanishes (Prime) 1938. Alfred Hitchcock's movie from 1938. Well made for this time frame.
* Absence of Malice (Prime) 1981. Excellent movie. Paul Newman is fabulous. Sally Field is ok too.
* Rear Window (Prime) 1958. Excellent one by Hitchcock. James Stewart and Grace Kelly are marvellous.
* Gaughin: Voyage to Tahiti (Tubi) 2017. French. Truly amazing movie about this famous painter.
* Nocturnal Animals (Netflix) 2016. A bit scary but well done. Good cast led by Amy Adams.
* A Fistful of Dollars (Prime) 1967. Vintage Clint Eastwood film.
* Charlie Says (Netflix) 2019. Disturbing film about Charles Manson. Amazing what a disturbed mind can do.
* Heartburn (Prime) 1986. With Jack Nicholson and Meryl Streep, I was expecting better. The first half was boring but it did pick up.
* Groupier (Netflix) 1998. A serious movie but not that good.
* Rodin (Tubi) 2017. French. Artistic and well done. Good one to watch a sculptor.
* Illegal Woman (Netflix) 2020. Excellent movie. Shows how people help each other when they are good-natured.
* The Hero (Prime) 2017. Old is pathetic. Worse when shown correctly as in this film.
* The Double (Prime) 2011. Richard Gere seems a bit lost in this one. Not good.
* Catch and Release (Prime) 2007. Sensitively done, but a bit weird in some ways.
* Blow (Tubi) 2001. True story but a drag with Johnny Depp and Penelope Cruz.
* The Mystery of Hansom Cab (Prime) 2012. Nicely made old Australian movie with good roles.
* The Days of Abandonment (Tubi) 2005. Italian. One of the best movies to watch!
* The Whole Truth (Netflix) 2016. Great Courtroom drama. A must to see!
* Larry Crowne (Prime) 2011. A very bad one with Tom Hanks!
* The Client (Tubi) 1994. Despite having Tommy Lee Jones and Susan Sarandon, this one is quite boring.
* Borat Subsequent Movie film (Prime) 2020. Worthless piece of garbage.
* A Rainy Day in New York (Prime) 2020. Not a good Woody Allen movie. He seems to have lost it.
* Extraction (Netflix) 2020. Too much violence in very poor and dusty Bangladesh.
* Miss Sloane (Netflix) 2016. Jessica Chastain's best movie in my opinion.
* The Crimes that Bind (Netflix) 2020. Spanish. Based on a true story. Fabulous movie!
* Blood Work (Tubi) 2002. Fabulous Clint movie. He sure is one of the best.
* Harry Brown (Tubi) 2010. Excellent Michael Caine flick. A retired army office comes through.
* Lost in Paradise (Tubi) 2015. Tom Selleck has a good a presence on screen as Clint Eastwood. This is an ok type of movie.
* My Cousin Vinny (Prime) 2012. A bit dated. Good to see minority stars try hard to assert themselves.
* Unhinged (Prime) 2020. Russel Crowe is very fat here and unhinged too. Not very good.
* Pagglait (Netflix) 2021. Hindi. Sensitively done. Shows old Hindu cultures next to emerging new ones.
* The Invisible Guest (Netflix) 2016. Spanish. Complicated but well-executed film.
* In the Line of Fire (Prime) 1993. Classic Clint movie. He sure is a favorite.
* Italian Romance (Tubi) 2004. Italian. Slow moving, but packed with love. Good actors.
* Things we lost in the Fire (Prime) 2007. Nice movie. Halle Berry got a BET award for this. Sensitively done.
* Down by Love (Tubi) 2016 Based on a true story. Love between a warden and a female prisoner. Amazing how people behave.
* Ask the Dusk (Prime) 2006. Salma Hayek in a good role. Sensitively done for a racist discrimination.